- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Only a 30-minute boat ride away from busy Kampala lies a magical place without the city traffic, fumes, and hassle. This area will be your setting for a wonderful cycle through lovely villages and beautiful nature.
- Ride through wonderful villages and beautiful nature
- Enjoy a magical boat ride across Lake Victoria, the largest lake in Africa
- Experience a delicious and traditional Ugandan snack whilst enjoying drinks on one of Lake Victoria's white beaches
- Feel at ease cycling at your own pace with an experienced guide
- Encounter friendly locals and discover the real Uganda
Please meet at the parking lot of the Beach House Gardens. Pickup from and drop-off from your hotel can be arranged for an additional fee paid on the day.
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes
- Sandals or flip flops
Know before you go
- This tour will take place rain or shine
- This activity includes a boat ride across open water
- You will need to have basic knowledge of how to ride a bicycle equipped with gears and handbrakes
- This tour contains some physical activity
- This tour is not suitable for people with limited mobility
You will begin by gathering at the Ggaba Beach House Gardens at 8:00AM. From there a 30-minute boat ride will take you across Lake Victoria from where you will start riding. The ride will take about 2-3 hours depending on your skill and fitness level, and is approximately 20 kilometers long. Your guide knows the area very well, and can adjust the route according to your skill and fitness level.
The area provides some of Uganda’s best mountain bike trails which will lead you through lovely villages and beautiful nature. There are some nice climbs, and the track will contain a mix of wide gravel roads and single trails. During the trip you will stop at a typical Ugandan trading center for some local snacks, where you will be able to buy water and other things if required.
Towards the end of your trip you will settle down for drinks at one of Lake Victoria's beautiful white beaches. As you begin your return trip back you will have to pedal the final 2-kilometer-stretch, following which you will find your boat waiting to take you back to the tour starting point.
- Bike and helmet rent
- Boat ride
- English-speaking guide
- One soft drink and one traditional snack
- VAT and other taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (can be arranged for an additional fee)
- Additional cycling gear such as accessories or clothing
- Water or other types of food not mentioned above
No Details Found