- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Eat your way through Kampala’s grocery markets, street kiosks, and local restaurants. Meet and interact with the amazing foodies that feed Kampala’s working class. Get involved by trying to fry your own own “rolex” egg-based street food.
- Enjoy a wide selection of street food, restaurant dishes, and snacks
- Watch the street food vendors work their magic as the dishes are made in front of you
- Taste refreshing in-season tropical fruit in the market
- Enjoy a large serving of local staple dishes in a restaurant
- Pick up insights from your enthusiastic, local guide
Meet up mid-morning at a popular, local cafe in a food-rich suburb of Kampala called Kawokya. Start with a visit to UGA ROLL, a cafe that makes Kampala's best rolex.
Continue on to Kamwokya market to taste a wide range of in-season fruit, including passion fruit, mango, pineapple, melons, and much more. The market also contains a variety of local street food stalls. Wander through the market and sample snacks like samosas, more rolex, and sesame cakes.
Proceed then to a local grill and try Uganda's most popular roast meat. Take a 15-minute boda (motorbike taxi) ride to the final stop: a popular, local restaurant. Settle in for a generous spread of different local staples, including smoked tilapia, beef in peanut sauce, chicken steamed in banana leaves, and much more.
- All food and snacks tasted on the trip
- Bottled water and a soft drink during the big meal at the end
- Travel by boda to the last stop and to return to the starting point
No Details Found